Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tool # 10

I would make sure my students understood that everything they read on the internet is not true. I would encourage them to find more than a couple of sights to verify that their information accurate. I would make sure that students understood the importance of being safe when on the internet and to only go to sites and data bases that have been approved. Finally I would teach them good netiquette.

I plan to use the atomic learning site to help educate students on how to become good dual citizens by looking at netiquette and online harassment.

I would use the resources found on the Ed Tech sight such as brainpop's information on digital citizenship as part of lesson on how to integrate technology safely and effectively in the classroom.

I would take the opportunity to speak to the parents at the first open house to give a quick overview of the opportunities available to their 21st century children and how they can assist with proper usage at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment