Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tool # 11

I really like Wall Wisher. I think can be applied to any area of the curriculum. It gives the teacher and the students views into what and how others think. I could post a problem solving problem and ask students to post sticky notes sharing what they would do first to solve the problem. We could then have a discussion of the different submissions.

My thinking has transformed from just using technology to present information to the students and has shifted towards allowing more individual exploration of content using technology tools.
I will have to decide how I am going to introduce the students to the various devices they will have access and how I will implement them in workstation activities.

There were no unexpected outcomes because I approached this as an opportunity to find out new things and increase my knowledge of how to become an effective 21st Century teacher. I was not disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. You might want to think about sharing the tool with a couple of students and then have them share with the others as they move to that station. It is amazing what good teachers they can be! Yes, Wallwisher is a great little tool. There were rumors that it was going away, but it is still here! just in case, there are several similar ones to use.

    ReplyDelete