Thursday, June 23, 2011

Tool # 3

I found the Blinx video search engine was very useful. I was able to type in "2nd Grade Reading" and get lots of videos of students reading, reading strategies, and other useful tips. I knew that I was able to use images from the web, but I did not know to what extent. I now understand that the use of entire collections is prohibited. Picasa is a nice tool. I look forward to taking pictures and making videos of the things we do in class and having them accessible for publication when needed. Below are two videos. One is entered as a link and the other is embedded. The Young Hero link would be a great way to illustrate to students the things that everyday heroes can do. The embedded video show how students used imovie to make up a nice informative submission.

Young Hero




3 comments:

  1. I love the video! I can see your vision with it as well! What a great way to inspire kids. Keep up the great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for enlightening me on the Blinx search engine. I can use this for science and will be asking you for further advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Blinx search engine looks like a great tool to use.

    ReplyDelete